Our client, Albireo Pharma Inc, is a global biopharmaceutical company focused on the development of novel bile acid modulators to treat rare pediatric and adult liver diseases.
Albireo was spun out from AstraZeneca in 2008 and is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, with its key operating subsidiary in Gothenburg, Sweden. The Boston Business Journal named Albireo one of the 2019 and 2020 Best Places to Work in Massachusetts.
Albireo is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, equity & inclusion in the workplace.
In order to strengthen the Program Management organization and support the successful implementation of the commercial and R&D strategy, Albireo has retained Next Step Talent to find their new
Director Program Management
The Director Program Management will be responsible for facilitating leadership to the Program Management team, defining processes and tools to drive standardization and alignment, ensure the successful delivery of programs, and facilitate resource management. This role will lead the execution and delivery of assigned projects, managing day-to-day activities, risks, dependencies, budgets, resources, and timelines in order to hit all program goals on time, within scope, and with required quality.
- Contribute to long-range planning and budgetary planning at the program level
- Facilitate decision-making, collaboration, and problem-solving with people at all levels of the organization to accomplish shared program goals
- Facilitate cross-program reporting and presentation of program information to the Operating Teams, Functional Heads, and other key stakeholders
- Oversee all program management activities including planning, reporting, global risk assessment and mitigation, and lessons-learned
- Within the matrix work with the various Project Managers (PM), setting high standards and driving alignment, collaboration, and continued professional development
- Work with the PM community to drive the successful achievement of program objectives aligned with the business strategy
- Ensure timely execution of the program plan and effective risk management
- Identify and champion best practices in Program Management, including the use of templates, tools, and processes to drive efficiency, alignment, and effective planning
- Establish consistent standards across programs, using the same dashboards, formats and approaches
Education And Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related field; and 8+ years of Program Management experience and/or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Demonstrated ability to lead the development of complex project strategy and deliver on project plans, timelines, progress, and outcomes
- Proven experience in working with Biopharmaceutical organizations preferably Early Stage Drug development companies
- Having seen all stages of growth of Project and Program management within an organization
- Outstanding leadership skills including an innovative approach to problem-solving, and an integrated view of the business
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Project and Microsoft Office
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to influence, motivate, and manage direct reports, matrix reports, and cross-functional teams
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced innovative environment while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient are essential
- Ability to integrate cross-functional issues and balance competing priorities effectively
- Proven ability to communicate clearly and present key information objectively and collaborate effectively with management
- Resilience and ability to work well under pressure
- Demonstrated ability to clearly and concisely communicate/ prepare presentations for management
For more information about this opportunity please contact
Mr. Loek (Luke) Vandebroek, Next Step Talent Group, by phone at (617)-401-2259.
You may apply for this position by sending your relevant application documents (cover letter and detailed CV) via e-mail to email@example.com
Albireo Pharma Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.